The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This information is also available on our web site. Use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship.
With offices in Florida and Massachusetts, our attorneys serve clients in the following localities: Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, Tamarac, Weston, Plantation, Miramar, Margate, Coral Springs, Parkland, Broward County, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Avenutra, Miami, Miami-Dade County, Coral Gables, Massachusetts, Boston, Cambridge, Newton, Wellesley, Brookline, Waltham, South Boston, and Lexington.
Proudly serving clients in Florida and Massachusetts for over a decade
Call Us Today Toll Free: (877) 570-4878 or (954) 336-9152
Always a free consultation
FLORIDA AND MASSACHUSETTS TENANT LAWYERS
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub are dedicated to meeting the legal needs of residential and commercial tenants in a wide variety of real estate matters with their landlords.
South Florida and Boston Tenant Lawyer – South Florida and Massachusetts Tenant Attorney
Tips for Tenants
1. Prior to moving you, make sure that you take both interior and exterior pictures of the premises and that you prepare an itemized checklist of any and all items depicted in the photographs. This could be critical when you move out and the landlord attempts to impose a claim on your security deposit because of damage to the unit.
2. If you feel that there are items located in or about the property that are in need of repair, even if you do not ask the landlord to make those repairs, document the existence of those items. When your lease terms ends, you may have a valid defense and objection if the landlord tries to impose a claim on your security deposit for such damage that you did not cause.
3. Make sure that you get receipts for rent payments, even if you are paying by personal check. Most often, tenants send their rent check by mail. Make sure you have some proof of mailing: certified mail, signature confirmation, tracking information, etc.
4. Make sure that anything you and your landlord orally agree to is documented in a written agreement. For instance, if your lease states that pets are not permitted without the prior written consent of the landlord, but your landlord orally agrees to permit such, make sure that it is documented in a written agreement, signed by both you and the landlord.
5. Make sure that your rent is paid in a timely manner; being served with an eviction lawsuit for possession and/or past due rent can be expensive, may affect your credit and may severely affect your ability to rent in the future.
6. Prior to engaging in “a fight” with your landlord regarding any disputes with the property, contact the South Florida and Boston landlord-tenant Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub, P.A. to today for a free consultation and speak with an attorney who is familiar with landlord-tenant law.
Contact a Florida and Massachusetts Tenant Attorney Today for a free Consultation
With time and money at risk, if you are residential or commercial property tenant, contact the Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub toll free at (877) 570-4878 or (954) 336-9152 for a free consultation. Whether you need a South Florida or Boston tenant attorney, or a tenant lawyer in Miami or Worchester to help with your residential or commercial property, or a tenant attorney in West Palm Beach or Massachusetts, we can help. With offices in Florida and Massachusetts, our attorneys represent residential and commercial property tenants throughout Florida, including Avenutra, Miami, Miami-Dade County, Fort Lauderdale, Tamarac, Margate, Coral Springs, Parkland, Broward County, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, to Massachusetts, including Boston, Cambridge, Newton, Wellesley, Brookline, Waltham, South Boston, and Lexington, and across the nation. We are committed to providing you with individualized, strategic and results-oriented representation.