The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This information is also available on our web site. Use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship.
With offices in Florida and Massachusetts, our attorneys serve clients in the following localities: Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, Tamarac, Weston, Plantation, Miramar, Margate, Coral Springs, Parkland, Broward County, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Avenutra, Miami, Miami-Dade County, Coral Gables, Massachusetts, Boston, Cambridge, Newton, Wellesley, Brookline, Waltham, South Boston, and Lexington.
FLORIDA AND MASSACHUSETTS LANDLORD LAWYERS
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub are dedicated to meeting the legal needs of residential and commercial property owners in a wide variety of real estate matters with their tenants.
South Florida and Boston Landlord Lawyer – South Florida and Massachusetts Landlord Attorney
Tips for Landlords
1. Do your homework: check a past references, check for past evictions, request two (2) months of pay stubs, and run a credit check on the prospective tenant.
2. Make sure that everything that is negotiated between you and the prospective tenant is documented in a written agreement. You should consider the number of occupants living in the unit, whether pets are going to be allowed, how many parking spaces will be provided, if any, whether overnight guests are permitted, etc.
3. Prior to the tenant moving you, make sure that you take both interior and exterior pictures of the premises and that you prepare a checklist of any and all items depicted in the photographs.
4. Stay organized and prepare detailed notes of any issues that may arise during the term of the tenancy.
5. Do not wait several weeks or months before you decide to take action against your tenant. Delaying action may hurt your chances in an eviction proceeding for possession and/or obtaining and being able to collect a monetary judgment against your tenant.
Contact a Florida and Massachusetts Landlord Attorney Today for a free Consultation
With time and money at risk, if you are residential or commercial property owner, contact the Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub toll free at (877) 570-4878 or (954) 336-9152 for a free consultation. Whether you need a South Florida or Boston landlord attorney, or a landlord lawyer in Miami or Worchester to help with your residential or commercial property, or a landlord attorney in West Palm Beach or Massachusetts, we can help. With offices in Florida and Massachusetts, our attorneys represent residential and commercial property owners throughout Florida, including Avenutra, Miami, Miami-Dade County, Fort Lauderdale, Tamarac, Margate, Coral Springs, Parkland, Broward County, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, to Massachusetts, including Boston, Cambridge, Newton, Wellesley, Brookline, Waltham, South Boston, and Lexington, and across the nation. We are committed to providing you with individualized, strategic and results-oriented representation.
Proudly serving clients in Florida and Massachusetts for over a decade
Call Us Today Toll Free: (877) 570-4878 or (954) 336-9152
Always a free consultation