The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This information is also available on our web site. Use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship.
With offices in Florida and Massachusetts, our attorneys serve clients in the following localities: Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, Tamarac, Weston, Plantation, Miramar, Margate, Coral Springs, Parkland, Broward County, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Avenutra, Miami, Miami-Dade County, Coral Gables, Massachusetts, Boston, Cambridge, Newton, Wellesley, Brookline, Waltham, South Boston, and Lexington.
FLORIDA AND MASSACHUSETTS REAL ESTATE LAWYER
South Florida and Boston Real Estate Attorney
SELLER’S PRE-CLOSING CHECKLIST FOR A SMOOTH CLOSING
1. Ensure that the Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub has a fully-executed copy of the purchase and sales contract, including any and all amendments that may affect the purchase price, deposit, closing date, closing costs allocation and inspection periods. Such information is important in order for our offices to properly and accurately prepare the closing documents in a time-efficient manner and ensure a smooth closing for all parties.
2. Upon receiving a fully-signed purchase and sale contract, the Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub will coordinate with all parties involved in the transaction and provide a “Critical Dates List” to all parties. The Critical Dates List will be a roadmap that will calendar certain deadlines for items to be completed by, such as due dates for earnest money deposit(s), inspections and walk-through, when certain applications need to be submitted, such as mortgage application and/or homeowners association approval, and closing date.
3. Upon full execution of the purchase and sale contract by both parties: (a) follow-up on any terms in the purchase and sale contract that seller is required to provide, such as homeowner association paperwork, etc.); and (b) make any repairs that were agreed to in the purchase and sale contract.
4. Ensure that our offices are provided with the current mortgage/loan information and/or equity line of credit information (including account numbers, contact information for the lender(s) and pertinent personal information).
5. Ensure that the Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub is provided with the names and contact information of the seller’s lender.
6. Ensure that our offices are provided with all information regarding the purchaser’s homeowners’ insurance.
7. Confirm with our offices the proper spelling of all parties who will transfer title to the property, including any middle names or initials, and the marital status.
8. If you are selling property where there is a homeowners association, confirm with your real estate agent as to whether or not association approval is required. If association approval is required, then prior to closing, you should coordinate with obtaining and completing any association application(s), providing the association with a copy of the purchase and sale contract, and scheduling any interview(s) that may be required for association approval. Our offices will obtain and provide the buyer with a copy of the homeowners’ association documents prior to closing for review.
9. If the transaction involved a corporation, partnership, limited liability company, limited partnership, trust or other form of entity, our offices will need to be provided with copies of Articles of Incorporation, Resolutions, Certificate(s) of good standing, Partnership Agreement(s), Trust documents and the like prior to closing.
10. In the event that a party to the contract is not able to attending the closing, then the Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub will either coordinate getting the closing documents signed by that party in advance of closing or review and obtain the necessary power of attorney from that party and coordinate with the attorney-in-fact to sign the closing documents at the closing. Our attorneys and staff are able and happy to assist in preparing a valid power of attorney for its customers.
11. Obtain all necessary insurance policies (Homeowners, Wind & Flood) and furnish a copy & paid-in-full receipt to our offices. If you are financing your purchase, your lender will normally require coverage in the minimum amount of the mortgage loan you are obtaining and must name your mortgage lender in the "mortgagee clause." Once you set up your policy with your insurance agent, have your agent fax a copy of the declarations page to our office, along with a paid receipt, so that we can confirm this for the lender. Sometimes we are asked to remit payment as part of closing. If so, please make sure to furnish an invoice from your insurance agent along with their mailing address for payment.
12. Approximately two (2) weeks before closing on the sale of your property, consider doing the following: (a) obtaining a change of address package from your local post office; (b) notifying friends and family of your new address; and (c) begin collecting information to pass on to the purchase, such as warranty information on and receipts for appliances, owner’s manuals, repair and contractor information including dates of service.
13. Approximately one (1) week before closing on the sale of your property, consider doing the following: (a) calling your utility and telephone/cable companies to schedule final readings and disconnect dates; (b) notifying newspaper service to change or cancel subscription; (c) arranging for children’s student records to be forwarded to new school; (d) get copies of medical and dental records and prescriptions for your family and pets; and (e) notify your credit card companies and bank of your change of address.
14. The Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub will schedule a mutually-convenient time and date for the closing with all parties.
15. On the day of closing: (a) bring at least one (1) to two (2) forms of photo identification and any documents requested by the Law Offices of Ira Evan Weintraub; and (b) provide our offices with your forwarding address and phone number.
Proudly serving clients in Florida and Massachusetts for over a decade
Call Us Today Toll Free: (877) 570-4878 or (954) 336-9152
Always a free consultation